Learn to convert Large Text File to CSV with different methods. You will learn different tools today by which you can make your life way too convenient if you have to convert large text file to csv on daily basis.
What is CSV
CSV is an abbreviation of comma-separated values. CSV is a file type with the extension (.csv). usually, CSV files are made to make your life easier. CSV files can be uploaded to different software in which you need to import structured large data.
the above picture is what a CSV file looks like, it opens in Microsoft Excel, Notepad, Notepad++, and different text editors.
Let’s talk about different methods of converting files into CSV
Using Extensions ONLY (1-minute process)
as of now, we know CSVs are text files that can be opened in any spreadsheet software and on a text editor. if you think you have a large text file that needs to be converted to CSV for any reason, you can use this method on Windows, macOS, or Linux.
Steps to convert text file to CSV with FlatFile
- Open the text file on your computer using “Notepad” if you are using Windows, or “Text Editor” if you are using a macOS or Linux-based system.
- For Windows: Go to “File” on the top left corner and press “save-as”, select a location for your CSV file and type the file name preceding with .csv in the end on the below name text field.
- For macOS: right-click on the text file and rename it to “FileName.csv” simple
Import the CSV Error FREE
after your data has been converted from text to CSV, it might get some uncertainty in the fields. CSV needs to be uploaded somewhere, right?
Well, you can import any CSV even with ERRORS hassle-free.
with FlatFile you can import your CSV (With or without errors) with a 100% ratio.
FlatFile helps you convert CSV to a spreadsheet. you can request a demo here.
a converted CSV is literally a nightmare for people who wants accurate data, thus FlatFile is a really good tool to convert your frustrated mood to happy in few clicks.
Let’s dive into the process
How FlatFile Works
- Request a demo of FlatFile from here or login here
- You can use FlatFile in your product too, see FlatFile’s Github
- after you are logged in, click Import
- Upload a CSV and press submit
- Boom, Done!
It’s this, literally.
there are quite a few other tools to import CSV other than FlatFile, you can search for FlatFile Alternative if you think FlatFile isn’t for your league.
I hope you liked this mini-article to rapidly convert a large text file to CSV and import it too.
Comment below if you are hooked up in something, and we’ll write it down for you.